Question:
I am in the Army and I am trying to get my PCS orders deleted, can anyone help?
Melissa H.
2009-07-18 10:09:29 UTC
I am currently deployed and I have received PCS orders to go to another duty station. I ETS in 2011 and I would like to stay at the post I am at until then. I talked to my branch and they told me that they would delete the orders if I put in a 4187 to my S1. Can anyone NCOs or anyone who have done this before help me? What is the DA Form 4187 suppose to say?
Five answers:
Am
2009-07-18 10:19:25 UTC
It is a request for personal action
AW
2009-07-18 10:54:05 UTC
It needs to say request deletion of PCS orders and why you are requesting it. You are going to need a good reason as to why you can't PCS in order to get the orders canceled.

As the others have stated you need to go to your NCO/ Chain of command and have them help you submit the paperwork as that is what they are there for.
cordell
2016-12-24 21:24:26 UTC
Ahh, 4th MEB. Sucks for you. Technically, sure, they're bodily able to having your orders deleted. yet they do no longer seem to be meant to, till you supply permission, are flagged, they're fenced in for the subsequent deployment (ninety days out), or you have no longer have been given adequate time to desktops left on your settlement.
powerswf
2009-07-18 10:15:03 UTC
Get with your Admin NCO and they will help you fill it out. If they can't have him/her take you to your BN S1 and they will help you out. It isn't really that hard to do.

If all else fails, talk with your 1SG and he should be able to help you out. The most important thing to do is to use your Chain of Command.
Marine5
2009-07-18 16:59:20 UTC
If your PCS orders are for Overseas Duty...

They will not be canceled...

Just because you like where you are

Based State Side means nothing...

The Military isn't Expida.com...