Question:
I am looking for someone who was on the U.S.S. Boxer?
2007-05-24 02:27:15 UTC
dad was on the uss boxer during korean conflict, do you have a story about it for me. even if you weren't there in korea.
(his name is Perry W. Mason, yes that's his real name)
Three answers:
Tincan Navy
2007-05-24 07:25:42 UTC
Hope this info helps!

BOXER (LPH 4)

(ex-CVS 21)

AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIP (HELICOPTER)

Class: LPH 4 Fleet:

Date status changed: 03/13/1971

Delivery Date: 04/16/1945

Award Date: 12/15/1941

Age (since delivery) (At time of disposal): 25.9 years

Keel Date: 09/13/1943

Commission Date: 04/16/1945

Launch Date: 12/14/1944 Decommission Date: 12/01/1969

Age (since launch)(At time of disposal) 26.3 years Years from Commission to Decommission: 24.6

Stricken Date: 12/01/1969

888 ft Waterline Length: 820 ft

Extreme Beam: 138 ft Waterline Beam: 93 ft

Maximum Navigational Draft: 30 ft Draft Limit: 30 ft

Light Displacement: 26556 tons Full Displacement: 36457 tons

Dead Weight: 9901 tons

Hull Material: Steel hull, steel superstructure.
2007-05-24 12:47:58 UTC
Log on to www.military.com and look up the unit page for the USS Boxer. You need to know you will be looking for the aircraft carrier USS Boxer. It has been decommissioned and there is currently an amphibious ship in the US Navy named the USS Boxer. Not the same ship or same type of ship Boxer has been used on several ships in the US Navy. If you log into the Boxer unit page on military.com you may be able to connect to some of his previous shipmates. You can also leave a message asking for some of them to contact you directly with information. You will be looking for USS Boxer (CV 21). Good luck.
MotherKittyKat
2007-05-24 10:20:00 UTC
I believe you can sign up at www.military.com.............https://secure.military.com/Recruiting/page1.do?ESRC=ov_rec_genrec.kw.....................go and research there, they have a board and it is a very interesting site! Good luck!....you have to join, and then go to the buddy finder...you have the best chance, there.