Question:
Army 14j mos question?
2009-12-18 09:03:45 UTC
Enlisted as 14j, just looking for someone with recent experience in this mos. Any info wether it be AIT, stateside assignments or while deployed would be great. Thanks in advance.
Five answers:
poolhalljunkie_12
2009-12-18 09:08:39 UTC
What kind of information are you looking for?

Like I said in your other posting, I'm a 14J AIT Instructor, so theres a good chance you'll be in one of my classes.

EDIT: You're pretty close as far as stateside duties go. Its a lot of maintenence and training.

When you're deployed, you could serve in a number of different jobs, just depending on what unit your assigned to. It could range from paperwork to working on a weapon system that prevents rockets and mortars from hitting the FOB. Its really too many possibilities to list as far as jobs go.

14J itself is a lot of technical work. You will learn how to operate several different computer systems, as well as how to integrate other systems. You will be a much broader range other than just detecting aircraft.

It has a good transfer into the civilian world if you're not looking to make a career of the Army. Raytheon and Boeing like to hire former 14Js.

As far as AIT goes, be ready to take a lot of notes. You will be getting a lot of information thrown at you in a fairly short time frame. Just pay attention and do your best. We will take care of the rest.

Duty stations - Anywhere. 14Js are a very versatile MOS. You can be assigned anywhere from Division level down. You won't have much say in where you end up, but just know you can go anywhere.
Julie
2016-04-10 13:16:47 UTC
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awkJq

An Air Defense C4I Tactical Operations Center Enhanced Operator is a member of the Army's air defense artillery team. The air defense tactical operations center operator supervises or serves as a member of a manual early warning network (MEWN) section, team, or platoon in operations and intelligence functions. Some of your duties as a Air Defense C4I Tactical Operations Center Enhanced Operator Maintainer may include: Detect, track and identify aircraft Broadcast early warning information Perform operation and intelligence duties in Air Defense units Evaluate tactical electronic intelligence data
fugua
2016-12-16 14:38:43 UTC
Army 14j
2015-08-02 04:26:01 UTC
RE:

John
2015-06-16 08:14:30 UTC
No more 14J just 14 golf or 14 hotel... :( ....